Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

1st grade - August - Hide the Word - Proverbs 16:18

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."  Proverbs 16:18
My kids LOVED these cardboard building blocks!  We had several sets and still have hours of fun building forts. etc with them.  When I read this verse and it talked about falling, I immediately thought of a tower being knocked over.  So here was the finished product from that idea!

To make, get several cardboard building blocks.  They can be pretty price-y, so look at garage sales or ask your church if anyone has a stash they are not using any more.  On the side of each block, write a word or verse phrase.   I used a regular Sharpie.  It is a little hard to read, so I wish I would have used a broad tip Marks-a-Lot instead.

In class, give each child a block or two.  Go over the verse, then have them build the tower from bottom up OR build a "wall" along the floor.

This was a game our first graders played over and over and over...

No comments: